Skip to content

Brut Nature NV — Champagne

£56.00

A Wine That

represents the Grower Champagne movement in one bottle. Want to know what all the fuss is about? This will answer your questions! The word 'minerality' is splashed around in wine a lot, but this bottle really helps you to understand what it means. From one of the leading families in low-intervention Champagne-making and biodynamic farming, this bottle is all about liveliness, energy and freshness. Make sure you've got some good tunes lined up.

▼ Scroll for More Info

  • Delivery: Delivery and gift wrapping options available at checkout.
  • Winemaker: Benoît Lahaye
Brut Nature - NV
-

France
Champagne

-

12%

-

Sparkling

-

75cl

-

8°C

-

Biodynamic

-

Clay-Limestone

-

Pinot Noir
Chardonnay

Where and How?

The Pinot Noir (90%) and Chardonnay for this Champagne come from 30 year old Grand Cru vines in Bouzy and Ambonnay. The brown clay-rich soils are up to 1.5 metres in depth here, meaning that the vine's roots are able to travel deep and offer a strong foundation.

55% of the wine is made up of the 2017 vintage. The remaining 45% consists of 2016 and 2015 vintages. After ageing for between two and five years in barrels, the wine is then aged in bottles for two and half years before disgorgement. This wine is 'non dosé', meaning that no dosage was added after disgorgement, resulting in a dry style.

 

The Winemaker: Benoît Lahaye

Located in the heart of the Pinot Noir epicentre of the aptly-named Bouzy, it’s a family affair chez Benoît Lahaye—always has been, and always will be. The domaine is home to mother, father, their two sons, one daughter-in-law and a one-tonne horse named Tamise.
These days, Benoît's most prized possession is his intuition – an emotional sensitivity which he has developed through the years, a feeling and sentiment which allows him to work often by feeling—without the need to be constrained by the traditional or conventional way of doing things.
That... and his horse Tamise, of course. Benoît is one of the few (but increasing) growers in the region dedicated to working the land by horse, allowing him to plough without compacting the soil. What strikes us most about Benoît is that there is no prescribed formula here for winemaking; in a region known for its regulations, his curiosity and desire to continually question his methods and evolve his practice feels to us like the truest expression of biodynamic winemaking.

 

More About Benoît Lahaye

Recently Viewed

Recently Added

Checkout View Cart