Skip to content

Waiting For Tom Weiss 2018

£24.00

A Wine That

is your answer to the eternally burning question of whether to opt for white or orange wine - why choose when you could have this gloriously harmonious meeting between the two? This makes us think of a delicate loose leaf tea, with a gently grippy texture, but with an extra peachy and lemony dimension. Perfect for orange wine newbies as well as aficionados.

▼ Scroll for More Info

  • Delivery: Delivery and gift wrapping options available at checkout.
  • Winemaker: Rennersistas
Waiting For Tom Weiss - 2018
-

Austria
Burgenland

-

12.5%

-

Orange & Skins
White

-

75cl

-

8-12°C

-

Biodynamic

-

Sandy Clay-Limestone

-

Weissburgunder
Chardonnay

Where and How?

This wine was made from a combination of Chardonnay (60%) and Weissburgunder (40%) from vines planted to trellis systems in parcels located in Goldberg. This part of the Burgenland can be humid and windy, meaning that a trellis system is ideal, as this encourages vines not to bunch together, but to grow in a more linear fashion. Warm air and wind can pass thorough the vines, keeping things cool.
65% of the grapes were whole bunch pressed, with the stems adding a touch of freshness. The remaining 35% of the grapes were macerated on the skins for eight days, helping to give a touch of grip and an amber hue.
Bottled unfined and unfiltered.

The Winemaker: Rennersistas

Stefanie and Susanne Renner, from the Burgenland, Austria, are a force to be reckoned with. With just five vintages under their belt, they’re already considered one of the most dynamic duos of new wave Austria. Throughout global history, it has so often been a son who takes over the family estate, and it is often the man's name found on the label. But history is changing. In the case of the Renner family, it was the middle sibling – Stefanie – who took the winemaking reins by doing internships abroad at the likes of Matassa, Shobbrook and JH Meyer Wines. Since 2015, Stefanie and her older sibling Susanne have managed the farming and winemaking, converting to biodynamics slowly. In doing so, they have noticed that their vineyards have become more balanced, thus better able to deal with extreme climate conditions. Susanne explains,

 

“If your soils aren’t healthy; if they’re unstable or unbalanced, then extreme weather conditions harm the whole system a lot more. That’s the main idea of our farming - to allow the plant to be able to adapt to all of the extremes.” Late last year, their youngest sibling and only brother, Georg, quit his technology job and decided to join his sistas. Now it it’s a dynamic family trio. Will a RennerBrotha cuvée join the stable? Time will tell.

Discover the Story of Rennersistas

Recently Viewed

Recently Added

Checkout View Cart